WOW. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to write about my beloved Sauna Space near infrared sauna! I bought it on Black Friday in 2019 and it has become part of my “can’t live without” routine. As someone with several SNPs that limit my detoxification pathways, my body needs a little nudge to release toxins. Infrared sauna is a gentle but effective way to aid your detox pathways. Initially I was reluctant to give it a try as I have been historically very heat intolerant related to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, but the Sauna Space has 4 near infrared incandescent bulbs and you can turn them on individually which allows you to work your way up. Because near infrared penetrates deeply into the tissues it heats you up from the inside and I can sweat in there even under 100 degrees. These days I use all 4 bulbs. I usually preheat while I ride the peleton or use my vibration plate so the sauna is typically between 104 and 118 degrees by the time I use it. It did not take long to work my way up from 1 to all 4 bulbs. I am in there almost every day of the week for 20 minutes and I am dripping with sweat by the end of my session. I like to use the app “Repeat Timer” so it chimes every 2 minutes for me to rotate a 1/4 turn. That way no part of my body gets short changed during the session! I shower immediately after my sauna and give my skin a good scrub to remove any toxins I have purged so they don’t get reabsorbed.
Things I love about my Sauna Space…and there are so many!
- Sauna Space used incandescent red near infrared light, NOT LED. That means no flickering blue light which can be stressful on the body. Sauna is all about relaxing and releasing toxins and stress.
- You get the benefits of near infrared, plus full spectrum infrared sauna AND red light therapy. When I was first shopping I was torn between sauna and red light panel options, but this is both. Win win!
- ZERO EMF stress. Faraday cages and an organic bamboo grounding mat eliminate any EMF emission from the device itself. They even offer a fully 5 G shielded “Faraday” enclosure….GOALS! It’s on my wishlist! I currently have the “Luminati” version.
- The organic cotton enclosure cover is commercial laundromat machine washable, and we have washed it several times. As someone who is super careful about mold I was happy to not have a permanent wood cabinet enclosure which could get damp and musty over time.
- The enclosure is easy to assemble and take apart to store or relocate. My Sauna Space lived temporarily in my garage, living room and dining room before finding its permanent home in my older college graduate son’s room which is now our home gym. I didn’t really have room for the sauna when I bought it, but we made it work because I felt sauna therapy was just that important. It certainly was a conversation starter when it lived in my dining room!
- Organic toxin free materials with no off-gassing. Organic cotton fabric. Organic bamboo mat. Zero VOC untreated basswood frame and stool. Untreated stainless steel faraday guards for the bulbs. All the good stuff and none of the bad.
- No tools or skills needed to set it up. My husband has put this up and taken it apart several times. It is well designed and well made. My husband says now that he knows how it goes together he could put it up in about 15 minutes, with the most time required for draping the organic cotton over the basswood frame.
- 100 day free trial with free shipping both ways! This was HUGE for me when I was initially ordering as this makes trying this out totally risk free. If you don’t love it, it goes back with zero cost to you, but trust me…you WILL love it! I honestly can’t imagine not having it! It is such a part of my fitness and health routine.
- 10 year warranty. That is legit. It is a hand crafted product made in America with high quality sustainable and durable materials. Our experience with customer service has been excellent.
- Use my code Paleogirl99 to save 5%. Coupon codes stack on sale prices so you can save even more. Click here to check it out.
If a full sauna is not in your budget…yet, check out their single light Photon. Affordable and portable. We have one as well and it is great for spot treatment My dog is intrigued by it. Guess he knows what is good for him!
I appreciate when you use affiliate links, which help support this blog. Most things I share about here I purchase myself, but I do occasionally receive sample items from vendors to be able to test out new things. I also have affiliate accounts with a few brands that I truly believe in. Rest assured I will not share about anything I don’t use myself and totally love!