Since I can’t eat eggs I have to be a little more creative with my breakfast options. Soup is a great quick “go to” meal for me, and since it is so easy I can make it fresh every time! It is so yummy and a great way to start the day!
Okay, so you do have to have a few things on hand…like bone broth and some leftover cooked protein….but these items are STAPLES for me that I always keep in my fridge.
- Chicken Bone Broth (make your own…it is so easy and way tastier….you will never throw another bone away!)
- Chopped veggies (so many options!)
- Leftover cooked protein….I usually use my boneless shallot baked chicken thighs (I always keep a tray of these in my fridge to add to soups, salad, sautés or to pair with sides for a quick meal) Sometimes I add in leftover sautéed ground turkey to change it up…you get the idea.
- Pour bone broth into a sauce pan…I store my bone broth in 1 quart mason jars and I usually pour in about 2 cups, which is about half the jar. This makes a generous single serving.
- Chop in veggies….I like to use leeks, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, daikon radish, bok choy, green beans…whatever I have on hand.
- Simmer til veggies are soft…usually about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your veggie chunks.
- Toss in your leftover protein and serve.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and dig in!