So my husband packed up the last of our shallot baked chicken thighs to make a “to go” meal for my son to eat before his baseball game tonight…and since we ALWAYS have a tray of these in the fridge for quick meal prep, he said he would make more tonight if I could I send him the recipe. So honey, this post is for you!
Shallot Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Buy boneless skinless chicken thighs…we like the organic ones from Bell & Evans…I make 2 pkgs at a time
- Place in an casserole dish or pyrex or hotel pan…I like this one with a lid for the fridge
- Sprinkle on onion powder, salt and pepper* (we keep that mixture in a shaker by our stove)
- Sprinkle on freeze dried shallots…I get these ones from amazon…or use sliced fresh shallots…they work perfectly also. Probably 2 small or 1 large peeled and sliced.
- Lately I have been drizzling on a little olive oil which makes the thighs a little more golden when baked.
- Bake at 425 for 22-25 minutes (I like to let Siri be my timer in the kitchen….”set time for 22 minutes” on my iPhone, but you can go old fashion if you prefer ; )
- Using thermometer check to be sure the internal temp is 160-165. (and to those who worry these don’t look fully cooked due to their pink hue…thighs maintain a slightly pink color even when fully cooked…think leg meat at Thanksgiving…my thermometer helps me be sure these are done)
- I use this digital thermomemter from Taylor…got it on amazon….super handy kitchen tool…especially for cooking meats so they turn out just right every time.
- You can vary the spices…I often add Herbs de Provence to this mix, but the possibilities are endless for yummy seasoning combos!