I have seen roasted leek greens on several plates lately on instagram and since I had a pile of leek greens leftover from making my Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup I decided to give them a go. I have also had a goal of attempting to roast every veggie I eat, so check this one off my list now😉. These are absolutely amazing and they will be a regular part of my veggie rotation from now on! I roasted them the same way I do all of my roasted veggies….parchment line baking sheet, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt…425 until toasty brown. Give these a go…you will be glad you did!
Toasty Oven Roasted Leek Greens
Leek Greens (use the whites in my Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup)
- Wash the green portion of the leeks well…this may require some scrubbing as they can be quite dirty inside.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the leeks to desired thickness…next batch I am going to do thick slices….more chip like…mmm.
- Transfer into a large bowl and drizzle generously with olive oil or your favorite cooking oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt….I used both Redmond Real Salt and some Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Toss to coat
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast at 425 until they get toasty. This took about 20 or so minutes in my oven. I gave them a quick stir after 10 mintues so they would brown more evenly. Keep an eye on them after about 15 mintues so they don’t overcook, though the burnt ones are the best!