I love a tasty meal with an easy clean up…enter parchment! I use parchment sheets for sooo many things. I love the pre-cut parchment baking sheets from If You Care…I get them at Fresh Market, but you can buy them online. In addition to making these cute pouches for fish, they are super handy for roasting veggies, Oven Baked Cauli Rice and they make clean up quick and painless!
Fish en Papillote
- Take 1 pre cut parchment baking sheet (they measure 12.5 x 16 inches)
- Fold in half Cut like a bell shaped curve
- Place fish on one half and smother with Ginger Scallion Sauce…I often use Corvina filets I buy at Costco…they come frozen, but I defrost them
- Start at the top and twist the edge….then continue twisting the edges under until you get to the bottom edge and give that a twist also
- Place on a mini baking sheet…I love this one from amazon..perfect size!
- Bake at 425 for about 12 min…a few minutes longer if you are using a really thick filet.
- Remove to your plate and cut open near to, but not all the way to the folded edge…roll back the flap you created…careful when you cut, as there is hot steam inside.
- After you devour your yummy fish…toss the parchment pouch when done. Sometimes I don’t even need to clean the pan..but at most it is a quick wipe down Love that!