My mom makes this yummy pie for herself and even when she is having non-paleo guests….equally enjoyed by all! People tell her it tastes like shortbread. I like that it has simple ingredients and no sweeteners…which fits in my low carb paleo lifestyle as a very occasional treat. She wanted me to tell you that it is better after it stays in the fridge a few days….if it lasts that long!!
Mom’s Blueberry Almond Pie
makes 3 pies
(yes she makes 3…you can always adapt the recipe to make just 1, but she warns that you will wish you made more!)
6 cups Honeyville blanched almond flour (she was very specific about this brand working best)
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp vanilla (optional..homemade is easy…try my recipe here)
Frozen wild blueberries (wild Maine blueberries…she gets them from Costco)
- Mix the crust ingredients thoroughly.
- Press a third into each of the 3 glass pie plates (she recommends glass like these by Pyrex).
- Top each pie crust with frozen blueberries…don’t overfill.
- Bake at 350 til crust is golden…about 45 minutes to 1 hour for 3 pies.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Once cool you can slip each pie into a gallon size ziplock to store in the fridge.
- They get better after a day or 2. Make at least a day ahead and chill in the fridge so the crust will firm up.
These are a simple but tasty treat…tastes like blueberry shortbread! If you can eat coconut cream I bet a dollop of whipped coconut cream would be amazing!
2 thoughts on “Mom’s Blueberry Almond Pie”
Ah it looks and sounds so so yummy!! I just discovered your website and love it!! 🙂 thank you very much for sharing! I’ll definitely try out some things! xx
great! Holler if you have questions.