I love a good meatball soup. These meatballs are easy, quick and tasty…a trifecta.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 T. ginger scallion sauce
- 1/2 small zucchini finely grated
- 1/2 carrot finely grated
- salt, pepper and onion powder (we keep these mixed in a shaker by our stove)
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop out small amounts of meat and roll into balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 18 min…then broil for about 2 minutes to brown the tops. ( I line mine with parchment, but for full disclosure, the box says use only up to 428 degrees…I’m a rebel like that)
- Makes about 20 meatballs.
You can mix this up a bit with different veggies or seasonings…sometimes I do carrot and fresh grated ginger…sometimes I add in shallots and lemon…lots of options for variations.
For the soup I placed my homemade chicken bone broth in a saucepan….add in chopped carrots and leeks and simmered til soft (around 10 min). Then I added some zoodles and simmered for another minute or 2…not too long or they get soggy. Transfer to a bowl and top with the meatballs and sprinkle with maldon sea salt flakes, which makes everything taste better.
2 thoughts on “Turkey Meatballs & Meatball Soup”
This looks tasty.